Join us for a fully guided, cycling tour of Inishmaan, the middle of the Aran Islands, and home to a maze of narrow winding roads, sheltered paths and trails. Criss cross the island by bike and enjoy the rocky hillsides of the south and the deserted sandy beaches on the north shore. Wild flowers bloom everywhere and numerous examples of early settlements dot the limestone karst landscape.
Inishmaan is home to many ancient sites, including two stone forts; Dún Chonchúir (Conor’s Fort) is an ancient oval stone fort, dating to pre-Christian times and Dún Fearbhaí, which dates from the 4th century AD and is unusual in being almost rectangular. The island was also home to famous playwrite John Millington Synge, who stayed on the island every summer from 1898 to 1902. We pay a visit to Synge’s Chair or Cathaoir Synge which was the writer’s favourite place on the island, overlooking Inishmor and the Atlantic.
It’s a full day of exploring the quiet island in the best possible way, by bike!
To book or any questions? – email@example.com or call us on +353 (0) 85 119 5489.
Check out our further details below!
- Price per person is €99
- Included in the price is: a guide, bike, helmet, ferry ticket to and from the island, packed lunch and a pint
- This tour operates from April 1st to October 31st
- We can put together packages for team building, stags, hens, family groups with our sister company North Clare Sea Kayaking, and accommodation providers and restaurants
What to Bring – visit What to Bring for a more comprehensive listing
- Appropriate clothing (rain jacket, warm sweater, good shoes, cycling gloves etc)
- Change of clothing (socks, shorts & t-shirt)
- Small rucksack